21-22 Athletic Guidelines
- If you are not fully vaccinated we strongly recommend the following
- Attempt to maintain at least 6 feet of distancing from others.
- Avoid gathering in groups with other unvaccinated people when possible.
- If you gather with other unvaccinated people, maintain groups of no more than 10 people, separated from other groups by at least 6 feet.
- Goshen facilities venues will have a spectator pathway that allows for physical distancing as patrons move from parking, through box office lines, ticket scanning and security screening, and to their seats.
- Our facilities will have a separate entrance and exit gate or doors
Vaccination for Covid 19
- The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is available for individuals 12 years and older. Proof of vaccination will not be required of students or staff to attend school/work, but may be requested in contact tracing investigations.
- While at school, based upon the CDC and Ohio Department of Health recommendations, it is strongly recommended, but not required, that students and staff wear a face covering/mask while indoors. If requirements change, we will adjust and communicate accordingly.
- Due to a federal requirement for mass transit, students and staff must wear a mask on school buses. If requirements change, we will adjust as well.
- Regardless of vaccination status, you may be asked to wear a mask in certain situations, such as when traveling to competitions or if an opposing school district chooses to require masks.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Watch out for any symptoms of COVID-19. If you have fever, cough, or other signs of COVID-19, stay home and away from others.
Admissions and Ticketing
- Effective for the 2021-2022 school year, your Goshen Local School District athletic tickets have to be purchased through our online site at PayK12. There will not be any cash transactions at the gates or ticket sales in the Athletic Office. We ask that you take the time and follow these instructions to register in advance to expedite your process on game day.
- Please go to secure.payk12.com
- In the search bar, type in “Goshen High School.” and complete the create account process
- After this has been completed, you will receive an activation email to create a password for your new PayK12 account.
- You will log in to this account to purchase all athletic events for the 2021-2022 school year.
- If you have any questions, please call the Goshen High Athletic office at 513-722-2227, ext 2420. We thank you for your continued support!
Posters and Signs
- Communications will be sent out to spectators before each event (“know before you go”): the importance of staying home if sick, and of requirements for unvaccinated people to wear face coverings and maintain physical separation.
- Public announcements will be made to remind the public of hygiene practices and health symptoms and that anyone who is unvaccinated should maintain physical separation and wear a face covering.
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
- It is highly recommended that those who are unvaccinated maintain three-to-six feet of social distance indoors and at outdoor facilities where there are crowded situations.
- Anyone with signs or symptoms of COVID-19 should stay away from others and seek medical care if necessary.
- If possible, individuals with symptoms should get tested for COVID-19.
- If you have or likely have COVID-19, isolate yourself from others for at least 10 days.
Contact Tracing for Close Contact
- As we have students or staff test positive we will work to trace those individuals that are within 6 feet for 15 minutes here at school and or with a family member at home. Based on CDC and Ohio Department of Health guidelines those individuals are ordered to quarantine for a set amount of time (as of June 22, 2021).
- Unvaccinated students who have been exposed to COVID-19 in school settings can continue to attend school and participate in sports and extra-curricular activities if both students were wearing masks when considered a close contact.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 and fully vaccinated, quarantining or testing after exposure is not necessary unless symptoms develop.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 and not fully vaccinated quarantine these rules apply for athletes and spectators
- Required quarantine for athletes is 14 days but,
- May be reduced to seven days if a viral test collected on or after day five has come back negative.
- Clermont County Health Department may contact you to obtain more information and to contact individuals who may be considered close contacts.
Return to activity after COVID positive case
- We will continue to encourage student-athletes who test positive for COVID-19 to gain medical clearance before they are permitted to return to practices or contests, with an approval form to be kept on file at the school.