2021-22 Return to Learning Guide
This plan is currently a draft, and is subject to change as required by changes to circumstances and local, state, and federal laws and regulations
The Goshen Local School District will return all students to in-person learning during the 2021-2022 school year. However, there may be a time when a building may go to remote learning due to a COVID outbreak.
Federal, state and local funds are being used to create a safe learning environment. These funds will be used to address the following areas:
- Mental Health/Social Emotional Wellbess
The Goshen Local School District Renewed Learning Plan is the plan for addressing safety, academics, and social emotional / mental health both in person and remotely, if needed. This Renewed Learning Plan also meets the requirements of the American Rescue Plan of a “Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan”.
School and district administrators developed contingency plans to prepare for the 2021-22 school year. The scenarios are:
- Scenario 1: Full Return: In-person learning for all students. Students will return to school with as much space and with smaller class sizes when possible.
- Scenario 2: Remote learning only: If there should be a situation where we have an outbreak within a building, the students will move to learning online. Technology will be provided. Classes will be synchronous- the teacher and students meet in a specific virtual place, through a specific online medium, at a specific time.
Safety considerations for 2021-2022
For the safety of our staff and students, the following considerations have been made for the 2021-2022 school year These are subject to change based on the conditions of the pandemic.
- No outside visitors for class parties and lunch.
- Visitors are prohibited for select activities during the academic day.
- Volunteers are permitted with the approval of principals.
- Field trips will resume but parents have the option to opt out.
- Assemblies will utilize smaller groups, distancing with ventilation, and be held outdoors when possible.
GLSD COVID-19 points of contact
- District - Karen Garrett, School Nurse
- Marr/Cook Elementary - Troy Smith, Principal
- Spaulding Elementary School - Ashley Andrews, Principal
- Goshen Middle School - Wendy Flynn, Principal
- Goshen High School - Stephanie Walker, Principal
Table of Contents
|Click a link for full information on our plans for a safe return to school:|